About The Writer

Kathryn Frumberg

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Boy Andy

So the years had past, and the memory grew faint
of little boy Andy becoming a saint.

When I was 5 my best friend past away,
and I never understood the impact that this made
I was too young to grasp how to deal or how to cope,
a confused little girl being forced to let go
but what I once thought forgotten, I now come to see,
that little boy Andy was never set free

The tears that I cried of the water in my eyes
from the marks of the pain from the endless goodbyes
flowed down to make a sea, where the tears came to be
a beautiful blue ocean composed up of me

So the years had past and the memory grew faint,
of little boy Andy becoming a saint
but letting him fade to the back of my mind,
shows the powerful nature of the trickery of time
because what once so tragic, becoming so fine,
can only be "forgotten" in the form of a lie
And as the stories of my heart break start to be told
a common theme begins to unfold
with the ending of each one of these shows
starring a confused little girl being forced to let go

And the tears that I cried of the water in my eyes
from the marks of the pain from the endless goodbyes
flowed down to make a sea, where the tears came to be
a beautiful blue ocean composed up of me

The story is not yet over, a few more tides still do await,
and as I look into the water I see those waves known as my fate.